Paid Search Marketing
Paid Search Marketing, also sometimes called PPC (pay per click) advertising, search engine advertising, or sponsored listings, is a type of Search Engine Marketing (SEM), in which advertisers pay for each click their ad listing (which will be prominently placed on search engine results pages) receives. Paid Search Marketing is effective because it drives targeted traffic (traffic that is already interested in your website's subject) to your website instead of your competitor's. The most popular PPC platform to advertise on is Google AdWords, but Microsoft adCenter (formerly MSN adCenter), which now also encompasses Bing and Yahoo! Search Marketing (formerly Overture), is also reasonably prominent.
Paid Search Advertising
How does Pay-Per-Click advertising actually work? Well, when someone searches for keywords specific to your business, your attention-grabbing PPC ad will appear in the search engine's 'paid sponsors' section. Generally, your advertisement will appear directly above, or immediately to the right, of organic search results. With PPC if no one clicks, you don't pay, and each click on your ad will only cost you a small designated amount, that depends on the Cost Per Click (CPC).
Essentially with a Paid Search Marketing ad campaign, you are paying a little to bring in a lot of quality leads. At WSI, our Search Marketing experts will efficiently manage your ad campaign to help you get the most for your money, and elicit a better return on your investment (ROI), through keyword analysis, and by monitoring and adjusting your PPC ad campaign at regular intervals.
PPC Keyword Analysis
The key is in the keywords. Knowing what keywords are most frequently used to search for your product or service, and the level of competition for each keyword, provides valuable insight. Our Internet Marketing Consultants can develop you a professional Keyword Analysis Report, which can be used to set up, manage, and monitor a targeted PPC advertising campaign for your business.
Benefits of Paid Search Marketing
- Branding: Appearing on search listings is a powerful way to improve your brand's internet presence
- Convenient: Ranking high on organic search listings requires a tremendous amount of sustained effort, PPC offers an effective short-term alternative
- Cost effective advertising: You don't pay for your ad to simply show up in the right place - it must be clicked
- Detailed Tracking: Utilize advanced tracking tools that will make sure you know where every penny is spent and what it brings back to your business
- Exposure: The best way to find new customers is to make sure they can find you when they are looking to purchase
- Increased traffic: Listings appearing higher up on a results page receive more visitors than those buried pages deep
- Targeted leads: Ads will only appear for users who have already expressed interest in the specific topic your advertisement is focused upon
Contact Us today for more information on how an expertly managed Paid Search Marketing campaign can generate more traffic for your business' website, or combine PPC with Organic Search Marketing services for the optimal Search Engine Marketing lineup.